The VDI system upgrade was completed today at around 6:00pm. The upgraded system has the following new features:
- Support of macOS 10.14 or above
- Better "High Availability" management
- Support to Linux Operating System
- Improved system performance
In order to take full advantage of the new software, the VDI client software is required to be upgraded too.
For WYSE thinclinet,
- we will update the boot image of the thinclient tomorrow.
- It will take around 10 minutes to update each thinclinet.
For Windows and Mac OS,
- please uninstall the existing Snagfor VDI client
- browse to https://192.168.4.48 and you will be asked to download and install the new VDI client
- Just follow the steps
After installing the new VDI client software,
- Login as usual
- You will be prompted that a new VDI software agent will be install automatically.
- You will be prompted to restart the VDI session as soon as the VDI software agent has been installed.
- Restart the VDI session.
Please be informed that the VDI system may be a bit sluggish on the first few hours of usage. Just spare a few moments. It will be better very quickly. Although I have tested the system for a couple of hours just now, there may still be some hidden bugs as they seem to know how to avoid me somehow. :) Anyway, please call ITSO should you encounter any problem.
Dr Terry NG
Director of Information Technology.