The Examination Timetable of 2020 Semester 2 is available in the Registry website. The date and time of the specific examination will be posted in the corresponding Moodle course page.
Please notify the Registry if you are not able to attend the examination due to sickness or other unforeseeable situations. You will be asked to provide proof to justify your absence or inability to attend the exam in-person. Please do not hesitate to contact the Registry should you have any question. 如有任何疑問，請聯繫教務處 (firstname.lastname@example.org or 58044143)
In view of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the following measure will be enforced to reduce the chance of infection:
1. You MUST declare your health status before entering the examination venue. Students who failed to do so will not be allowed to enter the examination venue. Please fill in the Health Declaration Form at least 30 minutes before the start of the exam.
2. You must sit in the designated area in which social distance will be maintained.
3. Wear a facemask all the time.
4. Hand wash agents will be provided in the examination venue.
5. Doors and ventilation windows/fans will be opened during the examination. A light jacket may come in handy if you are cold.
6. All tables and chairs will be sanitised after use.
About the examination of 2020 Semester 2
1. The written examination will begin on Monday, 19 April, 2021.
2. The examination timetable is available in the Registry website. Students should read it carefully. Seating plans will be posted up outside the examination room(s) before the examination.
3. Students will be allowed to enter the examination room 10 minutes before the starting time of an examination. No admittance is allowed 30 minutes after the start of an examination. Discretion could be granted by the Chief Invigilator to admit late-comers to the examination.
4. All examinations will start promptly according to the examination timetable. Late-comers will not be given extra time and announcements will not be repeated for them.
5. Only blue or black pens should be used in answering questions unless otherwise stated.
6. Mobile phones MUST be switched off and put under the chair on a position visible to the invigilators. Marks will be deducted if students’ mobile phone rings/vibrates during the examination.
7. Students must display their student ID card on the desk throughout the examination. Students without any such identification may not be allowed to sit for the examination.
8. Bags, books and notes are to be placed in the locker or within the space under the chair so as not to obstruct the passageway.
9. Students should make sure that no unauthorized articles (e.g. Books, manuscripts, notes, paper and all kinds of electronic/communication devices such as mobile phones, iPod, MP3 players, electronic dictionaries) are placed in their pockets or on the body.
10. Students are allowed to go to washroom. Before leaving the venue, invigilator has the right to check whether the student has placed any unauthorized articles in his/her pocket(s). The examination results may be void if they were found to have brought any unauthorized articles with them.
11. Students are not allowed to leave the examination room in the last 15 minutes of an examination.
12. In the event of bad weather, the following rules apply:
1. the examination will be postponed if a Tropical Cyclone Signal No. 8 or a Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted or is still in effect within two hours of the start of any examination session.
2. any examinations affected will be held during the period from 3 May 2021 to 6 May 2021.
13. The examination results will be released on Thursday, 24 June 2021.
14. If Students could not sit for the examination, make-up examination may be arranged if
1. students are hospitalized;
2. students have contracted a highly contagious disease;
3. extraordinary conditions which are beyond students’ control (please refer to Student Handbook for details).
Students must complete the Leave of Absence application form together with supporting documents to the Registry within 3 working days of the particular examination. The approval for students to take the Make-up Examination is subject to the decision of the Programme Director and the Registrar. The Make-up Examination will be held together with the Supplementary Examination. Late application will not be accepted.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Registry should you have any question. I wish you a successful exam.
(Edited by NG Terry - original submission Wednesday, 14 April 2021, 5:33 PM)