To all students and staff of Gratia Christian College,
In response to the recent development of the COVID19 Pandemic in Hong Kong, your attention is drawn on the following precautionary procedures:
While visiting the campus
- Report, either by phone or email, to the Registry or Lecturer if you have visited the infected areas during the past 7 days.
- Stay home and see a doctor if you were having respiratory symptoms.
- Do not travel unless it is necessary.
- Wear a surgical mask all the time inside the campus and in enclosed public area. Please contact FMO on 58044148 if you need one before entering the building. Please note that you should bring your own masks so that our stock can be saved for the needy one.
- Ventilation fans in any occupied room must be kept ON during your stay.
- Keep the upper ventilation windows opened all the time.
- All furniture and door handles will be cleaned with 1:99 bleaching agent at least 3 times a day.
- Perform hand hygiene frequently, especially before touching the mouth, nose or eyes; after touching public installations such as handrails or door knobs; or when hands are contaminated by respiratory secretion after coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rub for at least 20 seconds. Then rinse with water and dry with a disposable paper towel. If hand washing facilities are not available, or when hands are not visibly soiled, performing hand hygiene with 70 to 80 per cent alcohol-based handrub is an effective alternative.
- Cover mouth and nose with tissue paper when sneezing or coughing. Dispose of soiled tissues into a lidded rubbish bin, then wash hands thoroughly.
- When having respiratory symptoms (eg. sneezing or coughing), wear a surgical mask, refrain from work or attending class at school, avoid going to crowded places and seek medical advice promptly.
- N95 respirators are generally not recommended for use by general public in community settings because if not worn or removed properly, the risk of contracting the disease would be increased.
- AGAIN, if you are not feeling well, consult a doctor and stay home.
- The latest development of COVID19 in the local community will be under constant watch.
- Recommendations from the HKSAR will be observed and appropriate measures will be implemented immediately.
- On-campus teaching is assumed unless specific requests were made by individual Lecturer. If you are in doubt, please contact the Lecturer for the latest arrangement.
- If college wide remote mode teaching or mixed mode teaching was required, you will be informed duly.
Everyone please stay safe and stay healthy.
All the bests,
Dr Terry Ng
Registrar of the College.